- CAD / CAM Lab
- Dynamics Lab
- Heat and Mass Transfer Lab
- Heat Engine Lab
- Manufacturing Technology Lab
- Mechatronics Lab
- Metrology Lab
- Welding Lab
- Welding Lab
- LIST OF PROGRAM SPECIFIC LABS
CAD / CAM LAB
Computer-Aided-Design (CAD) and Computer-Aided-Manufacturing (CAM) were developed in order to shorten the process of designing and manufacturing. The main objective of this laboratory is to provide the undergraduate and post-graduate students with the knowledge and techniques of the research and application of CAD/CAM. The CAD/CAM center has been created exclusively to cater training of all students in the latest CAD and CAM software’s. In addition, the CAD/CAM resources are utilized in undergraduate and post-graduated project works and research work. At the end of each semester, under the continuing education program students were given training in new software packages introduced.
Computers and its Accessories Available
- Computers with Intel Pentium Dual core Processors
- Canon Laser Jet Printers
- A1 Plotter
- CNC turning center
- CNC Milling center
- Solid works 2008 software
- Ansys Software
- ADAMS Software
- EDGE CAM Software
- DLP Projector
The lab is equipped with experimental setups to enable our UG Mechanical students to conduct various experiments and enrich theoretical concept of the subject.
Equipment’s Available at Dynamics Lab
- Vibration Setup
- Universal Governor Setup
- Gyroscopic unit
- Balancing Setup
- Critical Speed Setup
- CAM Profile Setup
- Gearbox Models
- Kinematic Models
HEAT MASS TRANSFER LAB
Rather than theory teaching, actual practical’s in laboratory plays an important role to train the students perfectly .This lab is one of the strong laboratories in Mechanical Engineering department. Students are able to know about all the modes of heat transfer while performing sessional classes. Determination of thermal conductivity by Steady-State method, Radiation Heat Transfer, Thermal Contact-Conductance, Heat Transfer from extended surface, Boiling Heat Transfer, Heat Transfer by Forced Convection etc. are some major fields where students perform their experiments.
Equipment’s Available at Heat and Mass Transfer Lab
- Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Apparatus
- Stefan Boltzmann Constant apparatus
- Forced Convection Test Rig
- Emissivity Measuring apparatus
- Window Air conditioning test rig
- Heat Transfer through lagged pipe apparatus
- Guarded Hot Plate apparatus
- Natural Convection test rig
- Vapor Compression Refrigeration System test rig
- Pin – Fin apparatus of forced convection
- Cooling Tower
- Composite wall apparatus
- Thermal Conductivity of material inn powder form
- Heat Pipe Apparatus
- Thermal conductivity of Metal rod
HEAT ENGINES LABORATORY
Heat engine laboratory is one of the core laboratories of mechanical engineering. This laboratory consists of various heat engines covering both internal and external combustion engine. More specifically the laboratory consists of variety of internal combustion engine. Such as single cylinder, multi-cylinder, petrol engine, diesel engine, air and water cooled engine. This laboratory gives hands on experience on engine testing and emission testing to the UG and PG level mechanical engineering students. In addition to this the laboratory consists fuel testing, boiler performance testing computerized internal combustion testing facility for doing research in internal combustion engine and steam related research.
Equipment’s available at Heat Engines Laboratory
- Air blower
- Single Stage Air Compressor
- Double stage Air compressor
- Diesel Engine-Single Cylinder Four stroke-Water Cooled-5.H.P-1500 rpm
- Diesel Engine-Two Cylinder Four Stroke-Watercooled-10 H.P-1500 rpm
- Diesel Engine-Single Cylinder Fourstroke-Watercooled-10 H.P-1200rmp-High Speed
- Diesel Engine-Single Cylinder Four stroke-Air Cooled-10 H.P-1500 rpm- Kirloskar Make-Electrical dynamometer.
- Diesel Engine-Single Cylinder Four stroke Water cooled
- 8HP 850 rpm Low speed.
- Exhaust Gas Analyser-Gypton
- 290-Co-CO2, HC, O2…four gases.
- Computer based IC Engine Test Rig, Four stroke-Single Cylinder 1500 rpm-Diesel Engine 5HP EDDY Current Dynamometer(P-O,P-V Plot Exhaust Gas Calorimeter)
- Low Speed Wing Tunnel
- Petrol Engine-Multi Cylinder Four stroke Water cooled 50 HP 3500 rpm Kirloskar Make-Hydraulic dynamometer
- Smoke Meter
MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY LAB
Manufacturing technology lab established since the inception of college. This laboratory is equipped with special machines and various other facilities required for fundamental machining practice. This machine shop consists of more than 17 lathes and heavy duty lathes, one tool grinding machine 13 no’s of special machines. Also this lab consist of few measuring instruments for cutting forces, tool wear and tool geometry measuring instruments
In near future this lab is going to be equipped with real time CNC machines for giving hands and experience to the budding engineering in the field of manufacturing technology and also for other research level equipment scheduled to procure
Equipment’s available in Manufacturing Technology Lab
- Center Lathe.
- Heavy Duty Lathe.
- All Geared Lathe.
- Vertical Gear Hobbing machine.
- Shaping machine.
- Planner machine.
- Radial Drilling machine.
- Cylindrical Grinding machine.
- Surface Grinding machine.
- Slotting Machine.
- Milling Machine.
- Capstan and Turret Lathe.
- Tool and Cutter Grinder.
- Bench Grinder.
- Power hacksaw.
Mechatronics is the Synergistic integration of Mechanical Engineering with electronics and intelligent computer control in the design and manufacturing of products and Process.
Mechatronics Lab support students:
- Undergraduate Projects
- Post Graduate Projects
- Academic research
- Training through continuing Education Programs
Equipment and Software’s available in Mechatronics Lab
- LABVIEW Software (22 Tool Kits) 7 Models
- National Instruments Hardware-For Data Logging & Controlling the system with variable like pressure, temperature, velocity, force, speed
- Hydraulic simulation Software 3.6H
In metrology lab, various measuring and inspection instruments are available for the measurement with high precision and accuracy. This laboratory is fully air conditioned and the instruments available in the lab are very useful for research purpose also.
Equipment’s available in Metrology Lab
- Auto collimator
- Tool Makers Measuring Microscope
- Profile Projector
- Tacho Generator
- Vernier height Gauge
- Vernier Depth Gauge
- Outside Micrometers
- Inside Micrometers
- Pneumatic Comparator
- Slip gauges
- Thread measuring kit
Welding shop provides extensive training facilities in shielded metal Arc Welding, MIG Welding, Qxy-acetylene welding and cutting, flame cutting etc.
Equipment’s available in Welding Lab
- Arc welding machine (single phase)
- Arc welding machine (two phase)
- Mig welding machine
- Spot welding machine
- Grinding machine
- Cutting machine
- Gas welding machine